Save the Date! Saturday June 25th 2016, Myles of Great Hopes in partnership with the Nakuru YMCA is leading the 5K Walk/Jog/Run 4 Education at the Nakuru YMCA. In February 2014, Myles of Great Hopes formed a partnership with this incredible YMCA sand-witched between the city and the Nakuru National Park, the home of Flamingoes and Warthogs. This YMCA is among the 27 Y’s in Kenya and the only one that offers high school education to students from families in need of greater support, some are orphans.
In this light, MoGH under their core program of education found it befitting and a relationship was born. MoGH vision is to Revive, Empower and Sustain Hopes and supporting several students on their education journey is paramount. MoGH has a very simple message for you, come, let’s have some fun, and let’s make a difference together, and this is how:
- You will register before the event, and then come on the day off to take part in it. We will announce the cost for kids and the cost for the adults, very reasonable.
- You will register on the day off, need to arrive early, the race will start at 10:30am
- Open registration will be communicated in good time, you will be advised on how and when
- We will give prizes for the winners in few categories: e.g. kids category number 1,2&3, and adults alike, we will keep the record of time
- Event will start and the YMCA grounds and end the same place
- Winners will be posted on our media such as website etc
- We will announce the beneficiaries so we can fully witness the power of many solving a problem head on, action done, action delivered.
Help Needed – Please Sponsor
- A professional photographer
- T-Shirt sponsorship
- Tent – Sponsorship
- PA System sponsorship
- Volunteers to administer in different tasks
- If you are not in Kenya or Nakuru to come to the event, you are welcome to sponsor someone to walk for you etc. We will update this timely on how etc.
We will update the information as we proceed; we hope this offers a clearer picture